Call or email for more information: 308.235.4519 |
The Kimball Area Foundation invites you to become involved by being on a Committee. ThePresident appoints all committees and committee leaders, as she/he deems as necessary. A committee ensures effective organization, direction to achieve plans and objectives, and leadership to achieve desired results. Committees shall be discharged by the President when their work has been completed. Committee functions include:
1. Make investigations on Kimball Area Foundation programs.
2. Conduct studies and hearings as deemed necessary
3. Other duties as assigned by the Chair of the Committee.
4. Make recommendations to the Board of Directors.
5. Carry on activities as delegated to the Committee by the Board of Directors.
The Budget and Finance Committee oversees the money aspect of things, which would include any and all expenditures to be spent for any and all projects, mailings, advertising costs, and grant amounts. Functions include:
1. Develops an Annual Budget for the Kimball Area Foundation to be approved by the Board of Directors. Final approval of the Budget will happen at the Annual Meeting.
2. Determine the appropriate marketing and investment structure necessary to provide adequate monies to sustain the Plan of Action.
3. Oversee all grant applications and make recommendations to the Board of Directors. No grant shall be recommended by the Kimball Area Foundation nor an Officer thereof, without prior consideration of this Committee and followed by approval of a majority of the Board of Directors. With respect to recommended grants, the only exception will be scholarship grants and those designated by the donor.
4. Annually determine the amount and report to the Board of Directors gifts made to the Kimball Area Foundation account and other financial and fiscal matters relating to the Kimball and surrounding area.
The Organization and Development Committee updates the bylaws, policies, legitimize grant application process, and website development. Functions include:
1. Yearly review the Kimball Area Foundation By-Laws and modification if necessary with the Board of Directors approval.
2. Ensure that Kimball Area Foundation policy, as established by the Board of Directors, is properly carried out. Assist the Board of Directors and committees in interpretation of policy in relations to any given question or program.
3. Responsible for the Kimball Area Foundation Website.
4. Maintain current and updated printed materials and literature for distribution involving the Kimball Area Foundation.
5. Responsible for the formulation of the policies of the Kimball Area Foundation, (including the Handbook, and a Grant Application Policy) with the Board of Directors approval.
6. Understand and comply with all Nebraska Community Foundation policies for communicating the affiliated fund.
7. Comply with guidelines for using the Nebraska Community Foundation Logo.
The Community Relations Committee marketing, education, donor relations, and fund raising activities. Functions include:
1. Develops action programs to achieve objectives with the Board of Directors approval.
2. Oversee the implementation of all planned activities, i.e., writing news releases and submitting photos to local media, developing printed material, providing updates to Nebraska Community Foundation for Web page, managing social media, assisting with special events, etc.
3. Develop a strategy for public understanding of the purpose and functions of the organization.
The Nominating Committee oversees the nomination of the Board of Directors. This Committee is chaired by the President. Functions include:
1. Contact individuals who would be an asset on the Kimball Area Foundation Board of Directors.
2. Present the Board of Directors a list of candidates that are interested in serving on the Board of Directors prior to the Annual Meeting.
3. Upon approval of Board of Directors, contact candidates who have been selected to serve on the Board and invite them to come to the Annual Meeting where they will be sworn in as a Board Member.